Beginning Test Creation
You can create test answer sheets that match the test you give by using the test designer. This article explains how to get started with a new test.
- From your list of classes, choose the appropriate class and then click New Test.
- Enter a Test Name and then click Save Test.
- You can now add questions or edit the basic features of the test. In this article we cover the general features of the test. See related articles for adding Multiple Choice Questions, Math/Grid Questions and Open Ended Questions.
- Click the Edit Design button under Design Settings to see what you can customize. When you have completed customization, click the Save Design Settings button.
The following options are available:
- Number of Test Versions: Use this option to add up to 5 test versions, allowing you to distribute versions of the test that have the question order scrambled. Students will darken a test version bubble to indicate which version of the test they took.
- Show illustration on how to properly mark bubbles: Mark this checkbox to include a graphic at the top of the form showing students how they should fill in the bubbles.
- Show student ID region: By default, Remark Test Grading prints each student's name on the test. If you prefer students to fill in a student ID number, mark this checkbox. Then choose the orientation (horizontal or vertical), student ID length (up to 15 characters) and whether student IDs are numeric (all numbers), alpha (all letters), or alphanumeric (a mix of letters and numbers). Then type a Student ID Title, and click the letter "A" to change the font type, size, make the text bold or italic, or alter the color. Then click OK.
- Make generic test form: By default, the teacher, class and test are printed on the forms. If you are using student ID grids and also want to make this answer sheet completely generic (no identifying information), mark this checkbox. You can then print this test form on demand, or photocopy it if needed.
- Middle/Right Column Text: Use this space to add custom text at the bottom of the test form.
- Note that the left column is reserved for a custom logo (graphic) if your administrator chooses to add one.
- Select Footer Text style to change the font type, size, make the text bold or italic, or alter the color. Then click OK.
- Bubble Shape: Choose the desired bubble shape for your test forms: Circle (recommended), Square or Rectangle. Then choose the Size: Small (recommended), Medium or Large.
- Allow students to submit their completed test answer sheets by email: Mark this checkbox to allow your students to fill in the test electronically and email it back to the teacher for grading. Note that this feature is not available in all versions of Remark Test Grading Cloud.
- Multiple Choice Section Alignment: Use this option to determine multiple choice question placement based on your page size:
a. Default: left alignment.
b. Justified: spreads the questions evenly across the page.
c. Centered: places the question section in the center of the page.
- Multiple Choice Section Scaling: These settings help determine how many questions fit per page. Fit-Width fits the questions to the width of the page. Fit-Height fits the questions to the height of the page.
- Open Response Section Numbering: When placing subjective questions on the page, you can fit them vertically or horizontally. Vertical (Top-Down) means questions will go one after the other down the page. Horizontal (Left-Right) means that questions will go across the page first, then down. In this case questions 1 and 2 would be across from each other, and question 3 would start on the next row.
Article ID: 261
Created On: Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 12:39 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 12:37 PM
Online URL: http://gravic.com/remark/kb//article.php?id=261